PHP Classes

mesage list

Recommend this page to a friend!

pop3.class.inc  >  All threads  >  mesage list  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:mesage list
Summary:How to indicate the new message
Author:Zsolt Makkai
Date:2008-06-16 15:52:20
Update:2008-06-19 10:14:57

1. mesage list   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Zsolt Makkai Zsolt Makkai - 2008-06-16 15:52:20
First of all this class is very usable, however there are only a few example.
My first problem to find out which message is new and which is old.
Second problem is the folders. For example there is a sent folder. How can I get the message from this folder?

2. Re: mesage list   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Steffen Stollfuß Steffen Stollfuß - 2008-06-16 23:13:35 - In reply to message 1 from Zsolt Makkai
Hi Zsolt,

1. you can't select any folder over pop3. Thats a feature of your email client.

2. You can copy/move all email to the Inbox and you should be able to get all messages over pop3.

And to find out which message are new, you only need to check if there are more messages in the inbox as before a few minutes/hours/days...you know ??

If you delete a message when you get it from your pop3 then you only need to check if there are new messages in....

getOfficeStatus() should help you.

regards
j0inty

3. Re: mesage list   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Zsolt Makkai Zsolt Makkai - 2008-06-17 06:55:13 - In reply to message 2 from Steffen Stollfuß
Hello,

Thx for your prompt answare.

The situation is the following:
I develop a small company intranet site. The employees use basically SquriellMail web mail system. There they can see their old emails, new emails in the INBOX, they can define different folders. What I would like to do is that the company intranet site also shows the emails of the employees. I inserted an iframe, which call a mail.php script. This script uses your class. (Thx again for that)

The employess generally use their webmail application as well. Therefore this iframe should show the same list with new emails in bold, the olds in normal letters and so on.

At first I would find out which mails are new. It is not a good solution to watch the date of last query, because in the webmail the messages could be read between two mail.php queries.

Ok, my question is that is there any indicator in the pop3 system which shows that a given message has already been read or not?

Regards,

Zsolt

PS: both the mail- and the webserver are outside the company

4. Re: mesage list   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Steffen Stollfuß Steffen Stollfuß - 2008-06-19 10:14:57 - In reply to message 3 from Zsolt Makkai
Hi,

> Ok, my question is that is there any indicator in the pop3 system which shows that a given message has already been read or not?

The answer is really simple. Not really. There not directly a way to indicate over pop3 is a message new or not.

Only the email client knowns which message are read or not. So If you want to show the same like squirreMail you have:

1. Get the messages from pop3. AND THE unique_id's (getOfficeStatus() ) "uid"
2. Go to the squirremail database and call them which of them are had read or not.
3. If you now want that are read messages in webmail will show as read in squirreMail you have to say that to the squirreMail database.

Hope it helps
regards
j0inty