PHP Classes

NTLMv2 support

Recommend this page to a friend!

Simple Authentication and Security Layer  >  All threads  >  NTLMv2 support  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:NTLMv2 support
Summary:Is it possible to implement NTLMv2 support?
Author:Oilelc
Date:2021-08-27 21:41:44

1. NTLMv2 support   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Oilelc Oilelc - 2021-08-27 21:41:44
Is it possible to implement NTLMv2 support?

2. Re: NTLMv2 support   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2021-08-28 00:10:39 - In reply to message 1 from Oilelc
Maybe. I do not use Windows based servers but if I get some documentation on NTLM v2 and access to a server that allows me to test a new driver class to support that version of the NTLM protocol I can make it work. Would it be possible for you to get that?

3. Re: NTLMv2 support   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Oilelc Oilelc - 2021-09-06 08:25:53 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Sorry for the late response ... vacation time!
I saw a useful documentation online with a Java implementation in: http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html

Unfortunately, I'm unable to give you access to a Windows based server. I can help testing but I know it's hard to develop without a server.

Thanks for your quick response. I'll try to implement the NTLMv2 support and feedback to you if I'm successful.

4. Re: NTLMv2 support   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2021-09-06 10:24:49 - In reply to message 3 from Oilelc
Hello Oilelc,

OK, I can try looking at that documentation and check if Linux Samba can support NTLM v2 so I can test it.

This may take me a while to do it because I only do maintenance and fixing tasks at the weekends. Can you wait until next week so I can give more feedback on this?

5. Re: NTLMv2 support   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Oilelc Oilelc - 2021-09-06 16:04:31 - In reply to message 4 from Manuel Lemos
This would be great I'll be waiting for your feedback. Thanks Manuel

6. Re: NTLMv2 support   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2021-09-14 01:32:43 - In reply to message 5 from Oilelc
Hello Oilelc,

I checked the possibility of using Samba on Linux to test NTLMv2 . It seems to be possible, but it is very complex. I would need more time to do it all by myself, as I need to prioritize my business during weekdays.

So I ask the systems administrator of our hosting company. He said they might be able to set up a Windows server for tests in about 3 weeks. Can you wait 3 weeks?

7. Re: NTLMv2 support   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Oilelc Oilelc - 2021-09-14 08:30:06 - In reply to message 6 from Manuel Lemos
Hello Manuel,

Yes, I can wait for 3 weeks.
Thanks for your concern in this matter.