PHP Classes

I have not used this class yet, in anger so to speak.

Recommend this page to a friend!

My Active Record  >  All threads  >  I have not used this class yet, in...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:I have not used this class yet, in...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Chris Rigg-Milner
Date:2008-06-03 10:57:44

Chris Rigg-Milner rated this package as follows:

Utility: Good
Consistency: Good
Documentation: Good
Examples: Sufficient

1. I have not used this class yet, in...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Chris Rigg-Milner Chris Rigg-Milner - 2008-06-03 10:57:44
I have not used this class yet, in anger so to speak. But having read the documentation I had to pass this comment on.
The documentation is clear, concise, descriptive and most importantly comprehensive enough for me to consider using this in my next development. It gives more than enough information to make me feel comfortable that it will do what it says on the box. It includes the limitations and the info on what you must do to your database design to make the class work for you rather than the other way round.
All in all it gives me the confidence that it is comprehensive enough not to let me down in the middle of a development cycle.
Congratulations and thankyou for taking the time to properly document your class so that a serious user knows what they are getting into with it. We all know that there is code out there that would stop us from re-inventing the proverbial wheel, but developers rarely take the time to make a good job of documenting their work in a way that actually makes it re-usable.